Packing and moving household stuff is always a tedious task and it becomes extra tedious when you have many delicate valuables like oil paintings and fragile items to move around. Framed artworks are mostly valuable and if you have a collection, it is imperative that you pack them in the best possible manner to get it delivered in your new house or office without a scratch. Paintings, especially oil paintings are considered to be most vulnerable to damages from the moment it’s taken off the wall. The longer it stays off the wall, the longer you have to worry about it getting damaged. You can utilize the below given pointers to pack and move paintings and other household fragile items like a professional removalist.
Tips to pack Oil Paintings
- Oil paintings are sensitive to moisture and dust; hence, you need to wear gloves while handling them.
- Normally we use plastic bubble wrap to property valuables, but this is not advised with oil paintings as the plastic can easily stick or react with the paint. Hence, you need to initially swathe the painting with acid-free tissue paper.
- Once the painting is enveloped in tissue paper, you can use bubble wrap.
- It is advised to use picture cardboard boxes to pack your oil paintings. These are considered to be perfect for ensuring maximum protection. See that the painting is wedged in the cardboard box without any further room for internal movement.
- Secure the painting cardboard boxes with packing tapes and ensure that the box is sealed effectively from head to toe.
Tips to pack Mirrors & fragile other fragile items
When relocating house, you would definitely come across the need of packing and moving mirrors and other fragile items. Take special care to get these tasks done.
- Mirrors are usually found tagged with other furniture in your house. Detach the mirror from any respective furniture or stand prior to packing it. If you have mirrors that cannot be detached, move it around pretty slowly and carefully by ensuring that it will fit in through doors and windows.
- Wrap the mirror multiple times using bubble wrap and ensure that it is also tapped together.
- One important aspect to consider while packing mirrors is to use corner protectors. Since the corners of the susceptible to more pressure, use corner protectors made of plastic or sponge to ensure maximum protection.
- Finally, fit the mirror into custom cardboard box and fill in any additional space with bubble wraps to ensure that the mirror is firmly fixed within the box.
The pointers highlighted just above can be used to pack other glassware in your house. It is advised to lightly shake the box after the packing is done, to ensure that no glassware is loosely packed.
When choosing a house relocation services to move antiques and other fragile items, ensure that they have trucks specialized for the same. Today, you can easily find such relocation services on the Gold Coast of Queensland that comes with specialized trucks to move antiques.