Moving house can be a stressful process, especially since it’s something most of us don’t do very often. We help people throughout Brisbane and the Gold Coast to move house every day and we’ve worked out a few handy tricks over the years to make things simpler.
FIRST CHOICE REMOVALS’ Moving House Check list FOR A SUCCESSFUL MOVE
- Try to reduce the number of perishables in the refrigerator and freezer
- Have an Eski on hand for both storage and a few cold drinks
- Minimise stress by packing some items away in a spare room
- Call upon a friend or family member to take the children out for the day or organise a sleepover at a friend’s house
- Make sure your animals are out of harm’s way
- Label boxes clearly and indicate which way is up
- Make sure each box is marked for the appropriate room of the house
- Make sure your electricity, phone and gas are connected at the new house
- Make sure your electricity, phone and gas are disconnected at the old house the day after your move
- Advise family and friends of your new address and phone number
- Pack heavy items over a number of different boxes – mix with light items, on the top – and label clearly
- Place linen on the bottom and tops of boxes
- Pack fragile items in small boxes
- Ensure lawn mowers/whipper snippers and gas bottles for the BBQ are empty of fuel/gas so they are able to loaded on the truck
It also helps to book your removalists as soon as possible. Call us to book your move today and ask about packing boxes, as well as our packing and unpacking service.
Most people dread moving day – all the effort in packing everything up, the timing involved in being out by one date and in the next place by another, and coordinating removalists, utility changes, phone plans and the like. It can be a logistical nightmare. (more…)
Things are usually pretty hectic in the lead up to a move, packing everything, sorting out the removalists, changing utilities, forwarding your mail etc. It’s only once you start to unpack in the weeks after the move that you start throwing out and selling all the things you realise you don’t need anymore. (more…)
There are plenty of reasons for moving everything from your home into a storage facility.
We often get calls from people who will be travelling or working overseas for an extended time. As well as people temporarily downsizing as they build their own home or wait for settlement to go through.
While this usually gets treated like a regular move, there are a number of things you should consider and do differently if you’re moving your furniture and possessions into storage. (more…)
All commercial removals require a savvy strategy and a lot of pre-planning to make sure your move goes as smoothly as possible. If you’ve been tasked with coordinating the move of a business to a new premises and the thought of moving all those documents, equipment, and furniture safely and efficiently is making you break out in a panic-infused sweat – don’t worry!
We’ve been doing commercial removals for years and now we’re giving you the stress-free formula for moving your business with minimal disruption. (more…)
Whether you’re moving a long or short distance, hiring First Choice Removals as your moving company is a great idea, and here are just a few reasons why we think so…
Why use a Removalist?
1. First Choice Removals company is just that – Professional! They move people like you every day and they know exactly what they’re doing. This means your move should go as smoothly as possible. (more…)
Whether you are going across town or across the country, moving an entire household can bring on meltdowns, even among the best of us.
But by beginning the planning process as soon as you know you will be moving, you can minimise stress and increase the likelihood that everything will go smoothly on moving day and afterward. (more…)
There are plenty of life hacks out there for storage within your home, but clever storage often means you have more to pack than you first thought when it comes to moving time.
Make the most of these packing hacks when you move house to save on storage space, protect your breakables, and result in a smoother, stress free move.
Before you unplug the TV, entertainment system, computer or anything with complicated cables, snap a picture of where everything goes. (more…)
You can plan for just about everything when you’re moving house, everything except the weather.
When it comes down to moving day if you have the truck booked, your lease is up or settlement has gone through you have to move no matter what the weather is doing.
At First Choice Removals a little rain doesn’t stop us, we’ll still turn up at your door ready to go.
If the weather does take a turn for the worst on moving day these are some tips to protect your things and make everything run smoothly rather than slippery. (more…)
Here it is – the first article of our new removalist blog. This is where we’ll be offering all kinds of hints, tips and advice to make your move easier.
There are plenty of subject areas we could get really in depth with, but for now we thought we’d start with a basic list of things you can do in the lead up to moving day to make sure everything runs as smoothly as possible. (more…)