What is Backloading?
Often removalist companies combine more than one moving job on the one truck when they’re travelling to the same area and there is space available. There are two main ways that backloading can work:
- Combining a few local moving jobs in the one truck. This usually involves smaller moves with customers that are in the same or nearby area as each other and there is leftover space in the truck.
- Fully loading the truck to deliver the goods interstate, and then filling the empty truck for the return trip home with another customer’s goods. For example, if First Choice Removals moved your belongings from the Gold Coast to Sydney, we can then load the same truck with items for a move from Sydney back to the Gold Coast.
Why Choose Backloading?
- It’s the cheaper option. Backloading is an excellent way to save on your moving fees if you have a small number of things needing to be moved as the cost is shared between the parties involved. The biggest advantage is for those moving interstate or long-distance as you only have to pay for the truck in one direction, otherwise, it can be an expensive exercise particularly if you have a larger household.
- It’s better for the environment! There are lots of people moving house to and from Queensland – you can think of Backloading as a way of ‘car-pooling’ your furniture and belongings with others who are moving.
- Your belongings won’t be misplaced or mis-delivered. Any items that belong to a job will be grouped together and put into an inventory for checking off at delivery.
- Higher availability of removal services. With more space available in our trucks, we can help move more people in and out of the Gold Coast at short notice.
Contact us today for a quote or for more information about how First Choice Removals can help with your next move.